Adult Dog Training
In-person group adult dog training classes in Phoenix, AZ
Many people think that training your dog ends once they outgrow puppyhood. Truth is, adult dogs can benefit from regular training, too. Join one of our many adult dog training classes to teach your pooch new tricks and build skills that will help you and your dog navigate life together. Whether you’ve recently adopted an adult dog or are looking to teach your family pet of years some new skills, we’ve got a class for you.
Adult dog training is for dogs 6 months and older.
We offer three adult dog training classes that your dog will love:
- Classy Canines: This 6 week course focuses on building skills your dog can use at home and out on the town! You and your dog will learn specific skills like sit, down, stay, come, loose leash walking, greeting people and dogs calmly, and more!
- Fun Scent Games: Your dog will learn fun games to search for food. This popular class enables you to wear your dog out mentally, so it is ideal for active dogs, dogs with physical limitations, or anyone who just wants to play a fun game with their dog.
- Tricks and Shaping Games: You will learn to teach your dog 5-8 new tricks during this 4 week class! We will use training techniques such as luring, capturing, targeting, and shaping. You will learn to shape new, fun behaviors at home. This class is great for building a better relationship with your dog and letting their mind be creative!
Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks?
Dogs of all ages need exercise and mental stimulation. Adult dog training is a great way to meet your dog’s needs while teaching them new skills and strengthening your relationship with your pet at the same time. And the training doesn’t stop when class ends. In our training programs, you’ll learn exercises and activities that you can do from home for years to come, too.
What are the benefits of adult dog training?
According to the American Kennel Club, there are many reasons why you should consider training your adult dog.
- Live a healthier and happier life: Adult dogs that receive regular physical and mental stimulation can live longer and remain healthier in their older age.
- Keep your dog safe: Practicing obedience and emergency recall words will help protect your dog in dangerous situations.
- Strengthen emotional bonds: Adult dog training is rewarding for the dog and the owner. Continuing training in older age will help build a relationship that will last forever.
Class Instructor: Carrie